SHOP, DINE, PLAY – DOWNTOWN ITHACA
Downtown Ithaca is the place to enjoy the best that upstate New York has to offer. Surrounded by waterfalls, lakes, and forests, nowhere else in the region can you find such a wide variety of shops, restaurants, theaters, and historic architecture.
Kilpatrick’s is located on the ground floor of Seneca Place on The Ithaca Commons. The Ithaca Commons is an award-winning four-block pedestrian mall in the heart of downtown Ithaca, New York that serves as the city’s cultural and economic center. The Commons is a popular regional destination filled with over 100 unique restaurants and shops, public art, and street entertainers. It hosts year-round events and festivals and is centrally located between Cornell University and Ithaca College.
We invite you to enjoy all that our wonderful area has to offer!
Ithaca and the Finger Lakes
Ithaca (pop. 30,000) is located in the Central Finger Lakes Region of New York State at the southern tip of 40-mile-long Cayuga Lake. The local slogan, “Ithaca is Gorges,” refers to the 100 plus gorges and waterfalls located within 10 miles of downtown. The largest, 215-foot Taughannock Falls (pronounced Tuh-GAN-ick), is three stories taller than Niagara Falls. In addition to our waterfalls, gorges, and beautiful lake views, the surrounding county offers access to 28,000 acres of public forestland for hiking, mountain biking and outdoor recreation.
Explore Our Area
Following are links to resources that highlight our local attractions:
- Downtown Ithaca – Learn more about our town: things to do, festivals, other special events, and more.
- Visit Ithaca – No matter the season, explore the beauty of the outdoors in Ithaca. Spend a sunny day touring one of the many waterfalls and gorges or relax on the Finger Lakes’ largest lake, Cayuga Lake. You’ll find over 28,000 acres of public New York State forest ripe for skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and exploring. At the end of the day, rest your head in one of the welcoming Ithaca hotels or charming bed and breakfasts. What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits! Learn More
- Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance – Plan your next vacation to the Finger Lakes region in New York. Explore wineries, state parks, lodging and things to do on the lakes. Learn More
- Finger Lakes Beer Trail – New York State’s Premier Craft Beer Destination. Explore over 100 breweries, pubs, tap houses, restaurants, and more in the Finger Lakes.
- Finger Lakes Wine Country – Visit Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York and experience world-class New York wine, unique cultural opportunities and stunning scenery.
- I Love NY – Explore all the state of New York has to offer including fun things to do, year round events and festivals, world class hotels and award-winning restaurants.